SingWithMe123

Wife, mother, Christian, and now blogger!

Monday, April 07, 2008

Leatherheads

Hubby and I had date night on Saturday, and we went to see Leatherheads at the movie theater downtown. (If you Knoxville folks have never been to that theater, you really should go. It is really nice.)

We really liked the movie. (Of course, I have a “thing” for George Clooney…) The story was exactly what I expected, but I had not read any previews so I don’t know what I expected in the first place. George Clooney was perfect for that part – Since he wrote it and directed if, he SHOULD have been perfect!! Renee Zellweger was also perfect for her part, but I think that she has allowed herself to be typecast as the 20’s flapper type. Of course, she is very good in that role, but I honestly cannot imagine her in any other role type now. The guy playing the young football player was okay in his part, but a little bit “dishwater” for me. Someone with a little more punch might have been better.. Not sure who… Gosh, I can’t even think of any actors in their 20’s!!! I’m so old…

Parts of the movie were truly very funny. Some of the dialogue moved very quickly – Really fast comebacks. I wish that I could have comebacks that fast and that funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home